Sunday, September 21, 2008

8.

8. Trips to the valley filled up every spare weekend--no time to blog! Maybe not every spare weekend, but I have made lots of trips over the mountains this spring and summer. Here are a few of the highlights.



Every year on Mother's Day weekend, Zillah, WA celebrates Community Days! And my family goes to the annual Lion's Club breakfast. "One egg please."





After the breakfast, comes the parade . . .






and after the parade comes one of the smallest little carnivals you've ever seen. But when you're under the age of ten, all you really need is a really tall slide!




The next time I went to the Valley was in June for a candle party my friend was having. I had just finished a quilt for her little girl and was able to give it to her at the party.


Here is her precious baby girl surrounded by her new "princess" quilt.





And here are the yummy candles I got at the party.

Gold Canyon Candles are fantastic!




July brought a bittersweet trip to the Valley for the 4th of July weekend and the "Thrill'ah in Zillah." As I began my 3 hour trip home, my sister called me to tell me that a dear friend had died, and then had the audacity to tell me not to wreck through my tears! I usually enjoy the beautiful drive but on this day it was juxtaposed by mourning the loss of our friend and grieving for the wife and children he left behind.


The 3 hours were also therapeutic and by the time I got to the Valley I felt ready to join my family and the celebration.


But first, my sister and I had fun putting together a new table we purchased for my Dad for father's day! Who says girls aren't good at spatial reasoning?





The fun continued Friday afternoon by showing our friends some of the fun sights around Zillah. "Tip me over and pour me out!"






Friday and Saturday evening found us around the campfire perfecting our smore making abilities!





And Sunday morning brought worship, celebration, and tears!





I didn't make it home in August, but the second weekend in September I travelled home to see my Grandparents and celebrate the recent marriage of a cousin.


My grandma and I sat out on their porch after breakfast chatting the morning away. Here we are . . . learning about the finer points of taking a self portrait from a flattering angle.




And I'm not sure what that is behind my head, but for the record I am not wearing some kind of "bun covering."

1 comment:

Christina Moore said...

What the heck am I doing in that picture? I know that we were getting ready to put that table together, but it looks like you caught me dancing on my knees or something.