Friday, September 19, 2008

10.

10. Neighborhood hooligans broke in and stole my computer! How am I supposed to keep up with my posts when I don't have a computer? . . . er, wait, that happened in November of 2007.


However, I was recently reminded of the break-in while posting pictures on Facebook about moving.

This picture shows our old house the way it looked before we started tearing it apart and packing it up to move. Notice the afore mentioned computer in the foreground. Which brings me back to the hooligans, since they were a major part of our reasoning for moving.



Since Jess moved out, Beckie and I decided we needed to downsize and vacate our downward spiraling neighborhood. In July 2008 we moved into a great little apartment complex with a more central location and a fantastic view.



It's been an adjustment cramming our lives into 980 square feet (our previous home was 1600 sf), but we're making it work.





Those of you who've been privy to my preparedness (or lack thereof) during other moves would have been impressed at how ready and on the ball I was. Note the above picture taken several days before the actual move. It's amazing how much less hectic moving is when you are only working one job.




While the move was stressfulf for Beckie and me, I think it was more stressful for our cats. During the actual moving day, they were locked in Jessica's old room together. We think they bonded.


This is as close as they ever get to each other. They never shared the sliding glass door at our old house!


Here's Beckie's cat, Max. As soon as we put this rug down, he plopped right down in the middle of it. "Finally, something that reminds me of home" he seemed to say.

My cat, Sagwa, paced around the new apartment for a couple of days until we uncovered a chair that had been in my room at the other house. In this case, familiarity breeds a good nap!

1 comment:

Kaira said...

that sucks your laptop was stolen!