Friday, June 5, 2009

Lest everyone think . . .

I'm ready to crawl in a hole and never come out, my life is not all doom and gloom as my previous melancholy post may lead you to believe.


Here are some of the sweet things in my life:

  • sitting and visiting with my parents in the shade of their lovely backyard when I got home last weekend
  • enjoying the ease of deepening friendships with the Gathering peeps (and watching Baby David grow)
  • making muffins
  • eating strawberries . . . i love this time of year when strawberries are cheap and prolific and fabulously ripe and sweet
  • having a very grown up conversation with my 12 year old neice about how she's going to spend her summer swimming and visiting with her friends
  • having my 10 year old nephew put a whoopee cushion on my chair and laugh uproariously when I sat on it
  • holding my new 2nd Cousin Justin last Sunday
  • sitting and visiting with my grandparents on a summer evening
  • hanging out with my sisters discussing the ins and outs of American Idol, going shopping, going to watch a ridiculous movie, and speculating how "That's Not My Name" by the Tings Tings came to be popular
  • Swimming in the evening in the outdoor pool at my apartment complex

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love it when you make muffins too!